How do you keep a fund-raising campaign on track? By being well organized, constantly monitoring progress, and informing all campaign participants of that progress. The very reason for the pyramidal structure of a campaign committee is to simplify management. In the best of circumstances, the pyramid is constructed so that no person supervises more than five people. (To maintain this limit is why we sometimes add campaign and divisional co-chairs.)
Monday is Happiness Happens Day, and FundRaiser has a long tradition of celebrating the day, established by the company founders. In anticipation of the day, staff spent a little time contemplating happiness - what makes them happy on the job, off the job... and their favorite recommendations for increasing your level of happiness. Here's their list in honor of the day of...
|FundRaiser staff, left to right: Autumn Shirley, Jonathan Smith, Joshua Shirley, Sasha Daucus, & Lee Johnson. Photo by Mary Lenker.|
10 Ways to Find, Enjoy or Spread a Little Happiness:
- Writing a thank you note
- Doing a Random Act of Kindness, like paying for the hamburger of the person in the car behind you at the drive-through window.
- Going out to a rock, or other safe, beautiful place, and meditating.
- Taking a walk and keeping an eye out for the things that are really interesting to you, even just little details.
- Calling a friend and noticing the things you most like and admire about them.
- Hanging out with kitties
- Have a good honest talk with someone about what it really going on with you.
- Getting some fresh air
- Taking some time off, even if it feels like you have a lot to do!
What Makes Us Happy on the Job
On the job, staff find enjoyment in the pleasure of working with people we admire and appreciate; and we find enjoyment in the challenges of the job. "I love the people I work with and like helping people do good works," says Jonathan Smith, support technician. His teammate, Lee Johnson loves the opportunity to solve problems....